Solace of Submission
submissives

Welcome to sub Missions

The purpose of Sub Missions is to support, facilitate, and promote the healthy growth of uncollared submissives within Second Life, in order to maximize their potential, self-esteem and empower them to prepare for life with a Dominant once they desire to do so, while encouraging the development of healthy, strong values and respect for others within the D/s community.

On Sunday, October 23, 2011 1 comments

At this week's sub mission meeting, I introduced the concept of the submissive/slave resume. I stumbled across the topic while doing some research and thought it was an exercise that could have a positive effect.

At the end of this post, I will post some links to other submissive/slave blogs that have either done a resume or discussed one, so that you can look at it yourself.

So here are my thoughts on the submissive/slave resume.

When a submissive/slave is released or perhaps has never entered into a D/s, M/s relationship, it can be hard to focus in our own wants and desires. However having a focus, a goal and structure may assist the individual to list some positive traits and attributes, that may spark the attention and imagination of a Dominant.

So often I got the question "How can/will you serve me?" from Dominants that I speak to as an uncollared submissive. Quite often I stumbled to give an answer, not exactly sure what I do have to offer. When I was collared I knew what He wanted. It was clear, or given to me, through time, conversations and protocol.

Now I would not suggest that you write up a submissive/slave resume copy it onto a notecard and hand it out to every Dominant you meet. Rather use it as a confidence boosting exercise to help you get to know yourself, what you want, and what you have to offer. Perhaps once you get to know a Dominant you can mention the exercise and they are bound to ask to read it then it can be used to spark more conversation.

As I think it is important that it be a positive view of you. Try to avoid listing limits, you can do that in another format, allow your resume to highlight your strengths. So often, we are focused on the negative and not the positive of ourselves. Love You. Celebrate yourself, your interests, your skills.

The following are the links I promised. Please read them if you are interested in the submissive/slave resume, they are so full of inspiration, ideas and creativity.

http://servicekitty.com/2011/10/02/the-submissive-resume/ <-- nice introduction (with a link to a video on the subject as well)


http://www.submissiveguide.com/2008/12/beginning-your-training-resume/  <--great examples & inspiration

http://masterstonesprincess.blogspot.com/2009/10/submissive-resume.html?zx=365c5e9a507585d0 <--- very personal submissive resume

http://dominantlefemme.blogspot.com/2011/05/submissive-resume.html?zx=d7f1364cd09bf6f8 <-- great possible breakdown of what you might want to include

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I realize this post is a couple of yrs old. But I'm asking a new sub to develop a resume and would like to find some examples, like those you mention at the end of this article. Unfortunately, some of the links appear to no longer work. Servicekitty and dominantlefemme do not seem available. Would you have new links or other resources available? Thanks for your help.

Leave a Reply